Thursday, January 13, 2011

My Whole tree down

"..No half measures are any good. I don't want to cut off a branch here and a branch there, I want to have the whole tree down. Hand over the whole natural self, all the desires which you think innocent as well as the ones you think wicked-- the whole outfit." This is C.S. Lewis' expression of Christ's call to us. Giving my ALL. I have trouble with giving "my whole tree" to Christ at times. I often tend to give branch by branch, which I believe most people make the mistake of doing as well. I think fear is what drives it for me. The thought of someone having every part of my life and every part of me in His hands to do what he wants is scary. That can mean anything. The Lord has the power to break me, allow pain into my life. What I have had to learn over time though is who else better to give your ALL to then the one who holds the world in his hands and has my name "graven upon the palm of his hands" (Isaiah 49:16). Yes, He will allow pain in my life.. but with it he always brings his comforting spirit. Yes, he allows sadness.. but he brings so much more joy and fulfillment with the parts I have given to him. For I can "do nothing on my own" (John 5:30). why not lay my "whole tree down"?

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed reading this one Lauren. Great job! And by the way, I love your blog name and web address. Very creative. : )

    ReplyDelete