Thursday, January 20, 2011

Living Loved.

"The secret to loving is living loved."

"God showed how much he loved us by sending his only Son into the world so that we might have eternal life through him. This is real love. It is not that we loved God, but that he loved us.."
-1 John 4:9-10. God's love for me enables me to love him because I have tasted and seen that he is GOOD. Oh, what a sweet sweet taste that it has been. Loving the Lord has been a transformation from loving him merely because without him I can do nothing, to loving him because of who I have learned he truely is. Through out every trial, I have been redeemed by the "grace of the Rescuer" constantly reminding me that "HE is GOOD, not because he is good to me, but because HE is GOOD." What a beautiful reminder.

His love has enabled me to love myself because I have no right to despise myself when the CREATOR loves every part of me.

His love enables.. and demands.. me to love others. "Since God loves us, we surely ought to love each other." -1 John 4:11. BUT I love others only because (1) he loves me and (2) I love him, AND I love him because he loved me first. Without knowing that God loves me yet instructing me to love others is like telling me to write a check without a deposit.. I would be overdrawn. My love would be insufficient! Only in this order has God designed love to work.

"The secret to loving, is living loved."

No comments:

Post a Comment