Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Blog 18- Jeremy Taylor

Out of Jeremy Taylor's rules, the one that is easiest for me is rule number 16--> Do not constantly try to excuse all of your mistakes. Something that the Lord has blessed me with and has taught me over the years is to take responsibility for the mistakes I have made.

The rule that is the hardest for me is rule number 9--> Do not take pride in any praise given to you. When someone compliments me, I let that build my self confidence instead of letting God build it. Therefore, compliments in a way give me a little pride as opposed to me handing it all over to God and letting him build me up and be praised through the compliments I have been given.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I'm a newspaper columnist and this year I'm taking my readers on a journey to humilty through Jeremy Taylor's nineteen rules. Nice posts here, and I love that you talk about his 16th rule in one of your posts, and maybe his other rules too, haven't had time to read more of your blog, yet. Blessings on the work of your heart.

    ReplyDelete