Monday, February 28, 2011

Persecution

www.christianpersecution.info/index.php?view=9556

I thought this blog would be an easy one, but turns out this one is harder than I thought. We were asked to pick a story of some Christians who were being persecuted outside of the U.S., the story I chose is the link above.

This story talks about a group of Chrstians in Ji'nan, China. A group of Christians that met in tents for their church were attacked by a mob of over 200 people. According to 2 information officers, the mob was dressed in "police attire". Christians who were in the tents at this time called the emergency police number immediately but were in dispair once the police finally did show up and acted m0re as "bystanders" to the event. 16 Christians were seriously injured, included one permantly blinded.

This story is devestating. I think as a Christian in the United States, I forget how this freedom of believing in Jesus Christ is not world wide. The stories I read of what believers will do for their faith in Christ is so powerful. These people live not for anyone else but Christ, not even their government. This faith inspires me, deepens my faith. There is something about someone giving their life for Christ that strengthens your belief in him as well.

Sadly, I do not think there is much in Texas we can do to help this church except prayer. And lots of it! We are praying!

No comments:

Post a Comment