Monday, February 7, 2011

Spiritual Gifts

I believe one of the spiritual gifts the Lord has blessed with me with is mercy.

[MERCY] can be defined as being sensitive towards those who are suffering so as to feel genuine sympathy with their misery.

Recently, a friend of mine began to struggle with something that happened to her this past week. She did not like talking about it and I was told to not talk to her about the subject. I was intimidated and thought that I could not show her mercy and be sensitive towards her about the subject because I was not able to really talk to her about it. What the Lord revealed to me is that just being there and showing grace and compassion is mercy in itself.. It is not necessary to talk about the issue, she will talk when the Lord urges her to. The Lord told me to wait and just show compassion towards her and mercy to sympathize in her suffering.

No comments:

Post a Comment